A Genuine Neighborhood Shoppe is an independently-owned store dedicated entirely to the sale of Life is good merchandise. Life is good does not charge a franchise fee for owning a GNS. All GNS owners are independent business people operating under a Life is good GNS Agreement.
HOW DOES A GENUINE NEIGHBORHOOD SHOPPE (GNS) COMPARE TO A LIFE IS GOOD RETAILER?
- A GNS is an independently-owned store dedicated entirely to the sale of Life is good merchandise. Life is good does not charge a franchise fee for owning a GNS. All GNS owners are independent business people operating under a Life is good GNS Agreement.
- A retailer is a store authorized to sell Life is good as part of their larger merchandise assortment.
I LOVE LIFE IS GOOD. CAN I OPEN A GNS?
- We love that you're an ambassador of the brand but there's a little more to owning a GNS than just being a fan. Life is good has a very controlled distribution plan for both our conventional retailers and GNS locations. Only a limited amount of GNS opportunities become available each year.
I FOUND THE PERFECT LOCATION FOR A GNS. WHEN CAN I OPEN?
- Life is good conducts their own internal market research in determining the viability of potential GNS locations across the country. Once a market is deemed viable Life is good evaluates their internal retailer database and existing distribution. Based on the results of these studies Life is good is then able determine the proper location for a GNS.
ARE THERE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR GNS PROSPECTS?
- While there is no franchise fee involved in operating a GNS we do evaluate the financial wherewithal of all prospects to ensure the strength of the candidate. There is significant capital required in the build-out of the shoppe per Life is good direction. Operating expenses vary from market to market but when reviewing GNS applications Life is good looks closely at net worth and liquid assets.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE AN EXISTING RETAIL STORE OR RETAIL EXPERIENCE? CAN I STILL OPEN A GNS?
- Though retail experience is not required, it is definitely preferred.
IS THERE AN APPLICATION PROCESS?
- Prospective GNS owners should email GNS@lifeisgood.com for an application.
- Due to an overwhelming demand for GNS opportunities and limited availability we ask for serious inquiries only.