Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed: January 1, 2020
Information We Collect
www.lifeisgood.com collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (” personal information”). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- A. Identifiers.
- A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
- A name, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- D. Commercial information.
- Records of personal property or products purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- F. Internet or other similar network activity.
- Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- G. Geolocation data.
- Physical location or movements.
- K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
- Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Life is Good obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our website, sweepstakes you enter, and reviews/social content you submit.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or interactions with our advertisers.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, Life is Good will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, Life is Good will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. Life is Good may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- Life is Good will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
LIFE IS GOOD DOES NOT SELL PERSONAL INFORMATION. Life is Good may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose.
We share your personal information with third party service providers that provide the following services to lifeisgood.com:
- Order Management
- Customer Service
- Payment Gateways
- Ratings and Reviews
- User Generated Content
- International Logistics
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Life is Good disclose certain information to you about its collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once Life is Good receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, Life is Good will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom Life is Good shares that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request Life is Good delete any of your personal information that it collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once Life is Good receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, it will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from its records, unless an exception applies.
Life is Good may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for it or its service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which it collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of its ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with Life is Good.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us a message on our website, or call us at 1-888-339-2987. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Life is Good to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Life is Good to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Response Timing and Format
Life is Good endeavors to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If it requires more time (up to 90] days), it will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Life is Good will deliver its written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures Life is Good provides will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response will also explain the reasons Life is Good cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, Life is Good will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
Life is Good will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, Life is Good will not
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, Life is Good may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Life is Good reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at its discretion and at any time. When Life is Good makes changes to this privacy notice, it will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.